Posts Tagged ‘philanthropy’
Alhamduillah with HalfDate your $3 can do wonders! How?
Because each month we focus on one project, and you pool your half a date (small contribution) with others until the amount is enough to accomplish the project of that month.
But that’s not it.
With HalfDate, your $3 can thrive and grow. How?
Let’s take the Dawah DVD Drive as an example.
- You give $3 to the DeenShow.
- They make a DVD and gave it to HalfDate.
- HalfDate gives it to a masjid that has needy families.
- The masjid sells it at $5.
- Now your DVD is out there (hopefully doing Dawah on your behalf).
- The needy family gets $2 (a masjid can sell 100 DVDs after a Jummah so $200).
- The DeenShow gets back $3 of the DVD cost.
- Now, the DeenShow uses the $3 and sends a new DVD to another masjid that needs to buy a property.
- The masjid sells the DVD for $10.
- Again, your DVD is out there (hopefully doing Dawah on your behalf).
- The masjid gets $7.
- The DeenShow gets $3 back and the cycle goes on.
So your $3 + HalfDate + DeenShow + Masjid/School = Dawah, service, more DVDs and more importantly rewards from Allah (inshaAllah).
Want to do Sadaqah in a creative way?
Go to HalfDate.com.
What do you think? Post a comment and share your thoughts.
If your masjid or school wants to participate in this project, contact us.